Diversified Woodcrafts' Science Instructor's Desk serves as a complete work station and demonstration center. It offers plenty of storage, including three small locking drawers, one locking file drawer and one locking cabinet. The drawers feature dovetail contruction and steel glides to ensure durability. They're situated on the left or right of the unit, depending upon your preference. The desk's work surface is available in black solid epoxy resin or black solid phenolic resin (see below). Other features include a built-in sink with a combo water/gas fixture, a GFI protected AC duplex receptacle, polypropylene trap, pull out writing board, support rod with crossbar, and protective rubber base molding. The Science Instructor's Desk is constructed of solid oak, hardwood and oak veneers with a chemical resistant UV finish.
- Ample locking storage for teacher supplies
- Chemical and heat-resistant work surface
- Built-in sink with water/gas fixture
- GFI protected AC duplex receptacle
- Wood construction with chemical resisant UV finish
- Base material: Solid oak, hardwood and oak veneers
- Work surface material: Chemical and heat-resistant epoxy resin or phenolic resin (see below)
- Height: 36"
- Length: 60"
- Depth: 30"
- Knee space: 22" W x 32 1/2" H
- Drawer dimensions: 13 1/2" W x 18" D x 4" H
- File drawer dimensions: 13 1/2" W x 18" D x 10 1/4" H
- Cabinet dimensions: 19 1/2" W x 28" D x 29 1/2" H
- Sink dimensions: 14" W x 10" D x 6" H
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Assembly required
- Lead time: Supply chain issues are affecting lead times. Need it quickly? Please call (877) 839-3330 to confirm shipping timelines.
- Shipping Method: Freight
- Weight: 450.00 pounds
Side Desk - an optional side desk can be added to your Instructor's Desk for an additional charge. It provides additional work and storage space, and can be attached to the right or left side. It includes four locking drawers: one file, two storage and one pencil drawer. The classroom-facing side of this unit features a fixed book shelf. This desk is also constructed of solid oak with oak and hardwood veneers with a chemical resistant UV finish. Available with a black solid epoxy resin of black solid phenolic resin top.
When selecting a countertop, it's important to understand how your Science Instructor's Desk will be used. Diversified Woodcrafts, Inc. offers two different countertop surfaces to accommodate a variety of settings.
1" Phenolic Resin is a composite thermo-fused under heat and pressure to form a solid black chemical resistant composite throughout the entire thickness of the top. It is designed for use as countertops, pegboards and reagent racks. Phenolic Resin will not stain or etch when exposed to most chemical solvents. Phenolic Resin exhibits no effect with subjected to these common laboratory chemicals: Nitric Acid 30%, Acetic Acid 98%, Hydrofluoric Acid 48%, Sulfuric Acid 33%, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Phosphoric Acid 85% and others. Color, black.
1" Solid Epoxy Resin is impervious to normal laboratory chemicals and heat. It's monolithic composition eliminates the possibility of swelling, delamination, and exposure of the substrate. It's soft, low glare surface is simple to clean. Solid Epoxy Resin exhibits no effect when subjected to these common laboratory chemicals: Nitric Acid 70%, Acetic Acid (glacial), Hydrochloric Acid 20%, Sulfuric Acid 60%, Methyl Alcohol, Toluene, Benzene, and others. Solid Epoxy Resin is solid, homogeneous, molded from modified epoxy resins, completely oven cured during processing. It is extremely durable and completely impervious to moisture. Exposed edges and corners are finished with a 1/8" bevel. Color, black.